Wednesday, May 18, 2011

NH Sheep & Wool Festival 2011

Last weekend was the yearly much-anticipated New Hampshire Sheep & Wool Festival. My daughters and I always look forward to it all year and can’t wait for it to happen. We had a wonderful time as always, and because of having a few years’ experience under our belts, we made it through in record time.

Here’s a photo of my goodies:

IMG_0124

From left to right, here’s what I got:

1) Sonatina Laceweight from Mad Color Fiber Arts, 80% merino wool, 20% Tussah silk, 1125 yards, www.madcolorfiberarts.com . Soft and plenty of yardage for a large shawl. You can’t tell it from the color I chose, but most of their yarn was, well, Mad Colors. Smile

2) Ariane Lace from Ball and Skein, 70% alpaca, 20% silk, 10% cashmere, 875 yards, colorway “The Blues,” www.ballandskein.com . Last year I bought some of their Arequipa and made a gorgeous scarf. This yarn is SO soft, I just want to stroke it! They’re on my “must buy” list every year.

3) Estrellita handpainted 2-ply lace from Mocha’s Fiber Designs, 75% superwash merino, 20% silk, 5% silver stellina, 875 yards, colorway “Starry Starry Night,” www.mochasfiber.com . Also very soft, and the sparkle really makes it special. Will have to find exactly the right pattern to show it off.

4) Glazed Chenille from Decadent Fibers, 100% rayon chenille, 1000 yards, www.decadentfibers.com . I’m a sucker for chenille. Reminds me of the chenille bedspreads of my youth, so I think a large comfort-shawl is in order.

Did any of you attend? What did you snap up? Do tell!

No comments:

Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Hilarious, Heroic, Human Dog

I have a tale in this recent Chicken Soup for the Soul books: https://smile.amazon.com/Chicken-Soup-Soul-Hilarious-Companionship/dp/16115907...