Adrift in UFOs

I haven't posted recently because I wanted to finish something before posting again. I don't like to post without photos. But I just have so many irons in the fire right now, nothing is complete.

I've finished one sock of a pair, and the second one is started.

I've finished a potholder and 3/4 of a dish towel, still need to finish the towel and make the dishcloth.

I've done a few more inches on my Eros Glitz shawl.

I've purchased the yarn for another shawl.

I've done a few rows on a sweater.

Oh, and I did a big organizational project. I bought a large 3-ring binder and a bunch of those plastic sleeves. Then found all the patterns I've printed out or purchased over the years (well, many of them anyway) and slipped each one into a sleeve and put into the notebook. I have so much fun now just flipping through it and imagining all the projects I'm going to make! As if I don't have enough going already. ;-)

So, how do you keep your patterns organized? Do you have a filing cabinet...a notebook...just tossed in a trunk? Do you separate them by name, by type of pattern, by size, or something else? I'd love to hear!

Next time I post, I hope to have a photo of a finished object to go along with it.

Comments

cathych said…
HI Liz, haven't heard from you in a while! How ya been?
Hi Cathy, thanks for asking! I'm fine, just swamped with work. The only knitting I've been able to do lately is complete a few dishcloths. But it's something, right? ;-) Now I just have to get out the camera and take a picture... :-)

So how are you?
kdy12570 said…
I organize my patterns in much the same way--3 ring binder and plastic sheet covers. I have decided not to print out all the things I see on the web, etc. I have created a filing system on the computer and keep them there until I want to use one, then I print it out. Love the clapotis, btw! Come on over and check out my blog for a sock yarn contest! www.kdysworld.blogspot.com
Definitely will check out your blog. Ihave tons of stuff bookmarked but have printed out a number as I'm always afraid my computer will lock up and I'll lose stuff. It's happened to me more than once...

Liz

Popular posts from this blog

Free "Pi Openwork Dishcloth" Pattern

Dog Blanket