Thursday, February 01, 2007

A Couple of Finished Objects

I recently finished two projects, and thought I'd share with you.

The first one is a shrug I made for my daughter for Christmas...well, for January. ;-) Here she is modelling it:



And here's the back:



It came out pretty nicely. I used a pattern from the Internet, but changed the pattern stitch, changed the edging, changed the cuffs...so it doesn't look exactly like the original anymore.

I liked the pattern stitch so much, I decided to make up my own dishcloth pattern using it. Here's a photo of the finished object:



I'll post the pattern in a separate message so you can try it out for yourself if you like.

So now I'm working on a second shrug for my other daughter, Heather. Same pattern stitch, but she's chosen a different edging and cuff, so it will be uniquely hers.

I wish I had four hands so I could knit twice as fast!

So what are you working on now?

Liz

No comments:

Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Hilarious, Heroic, Human Dog

I have a tale in this recent Chicken Soup for the Soul books: https://smile.amazon.com/Chicken-Soup-Soul-Hilarious-Companionship/dp/16115907...