Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Barbie's Wedding Gown



Recently I made a Barbie wedding gown for my granddaughter Isabel's fifth birthday. Naturally, as always happens, I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to her. But my daughter has corrected that, so now I'm posting the photos. It's crocheted, not knitted, but heck, that's close enough! It's a craft. ;-)

Here's the free pattern I found and used for the dress: http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/jacobean/141/page2.html But as you can see, I made some modifications. Mostly because I ran out of time. I shortened the skirt, and left off the sleeves. And for a five year old, I think it works just fine.

Here she is with her doll. What do you think?

3 comments:

Judy said...

My mother knit Barbie doll clothes for me that I still love and cherish to this day. That gown is beautiful and your granddaughter is adorable. How nice. She will never forget this!

Elizabeth Delisi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth Delisi said...

Thanks, Judy! I do remember my mom knitting a sweater and ski pants for my Barbie. I think it was so stressful, she never knit anything else for poor Barbie. ;-) I do have some knitted patterns bookmarked that I'll try to make for my granddaughter, but I couldn't resist the gorgeous crocheted pineapple dress.

Liz

Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Hilarious, Heroic, Human Dog

I have a tale in this recent Chicken Soup for the Soul books: https://smile.amazon.com/Chicken-Soup-Soul-Hilarious-Companionship/dp/16115907...